Sunday, May 1, 2011

The things we like to do....

Chad and I aren't exactly fans of the city.  We tend to go "north" quite a bit.  Every time we do we have one amazing adventure.  This is a quick documentation of some of our happenings from the past few months.
I will begin with preg testing cows.  Unfortunetly I couldn't get any of the "sweet" action shots because I was running the shoot.  But moments like those remind me of how greatful I am for modern preg tests and even more greatful I am not a cow or horse.





There were only a few casualties that day.  One person kicked, one headbutted and I got pooped on.   Some days your the dog and some your the hydrant.  It may be safe to say I was the hydrant.  Oh, and please don't ever forget your glove has a hole in it when you go to grab a cows tail.......
Now we shall go to another weekend.......Chad and I were in St Johns.  We had gotten there  late Friday night and  he had had big plans to get a field ready for planting so he got up super early while I slept in till 7am.   I got up, went out to catch the horses when a sweet photo op fell into my lap.


Chad was driving his big green tractor and loving every minute.  It wasn't long before he noticed me and stopped to ask me if  I wanted to go for a ride on his big green tractor.  I thought his tractor was sexy so I hopped right on up.
Well not long after my ride had begun Chad asked me if I wanted to drive.  Of course I said yes. Moments later Chad asked me to stop the tractor.  Thats when he opened the door and jumped out and told me to keep going until he came and got me. 
Apparently ripping up the ground had lost it's savor and he was ready to go do other things...Mean while I felt like one of the little boys Tom Sawyer had tricked into painting the fence.  Although I really didn't mind :)
I had been going for a while when I noticed Tom Sawyer driving his 3-wheeler carrying a few halters toward the horses.  O my heart melted.  (He was doing me a favor and catching the boys so I could ride when I got done.) 
My rows and been straight and I had big plans to keep them that way, even while I was watching Chad/ Tom catch the horses and lead them back.  They went out of my view then I made a turn and saw two horses running back, and  running hard for the fence.  Taz jumped it and somehow broke the top wire.  Chase followed.  Both were ok and looked pretty proud of themselves.  Chad didn't look to thrilled.  That was when I realized my rows weren't straight any more and they were pretty close together.
Moral of the story...If your going to jump the fence, clear it.  If your going to plow up the field don't watch the horse jump the fence.




I just wanted to add this pic.  This is my buddy, deaf buddy.  You can't get mad at her...really.  I mean you can yell all you want but she wont hear you.  We like to chill.
My birthday weekend we went home again.  We had plans to not work and just take the horses to the mountains, cook hotdogs and ride.  We got to meet up with some other friends and family members that were up there riding quads.









I had an awesome birthday.  My mom suprised me with one of my favorite desserts, got a lot of "Happy Birtdays" from friends and I just got to enjoy the good life.  Thanks all! 

"Be excellent to each other!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: laurieandchad's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones