People ask when we are going to have kids... well we already have 3.
One of the things Chad and I have in common is we both love horses. In my pre-Chad life I already had 2. Chase and Taz. Then not long before we got hitched, we got Denny. Here's a little about them.
Chase
I spent two years in Tucson doing a horse training apprenticeship. After graduation my plan was to start training horses maybe get a few of my own, probably barrel race and do a few other competitions. Well some dear dear friends of mine decided to start me off with this Thoroughbred gelding as a graduation gift. Registered name, Wings for Charlote. great, athletic horse. He hates being dirty and will help himself to regular baths in water troughs or tanks.
I've done some barrel racing, pole bending (not as much as I would like), some ranch work and roping, o..and he LOVES to jump. I've been challenged by many a cowboy to race and we have won every time... :)
Taz
Some times I like to call him Diablo. If you are familiar with horses and breeding you may know these names...Indian Music, Driftwood Ike and Beduino. That's where this ol boy comes from. He's fast, ornery, and athletic. I knew this character when he was two. The same friends that gave me Chase owned Taz and were breaking him. I had always thought he had wasn't very pretty and a huge head but I recognized his athleticism and intelligence. When he was two he would always screw around with me, he would unsaddle the horses I was trying to saddle or untie them...I know I should have just put him in another pen or tied him up but o well.
He was sold and then years later we came to find out he was for sale again. A couple of us bought him as a barrel racing project. I was going to train him and sell him. Well we got him trained and then I fell in love with him and here he is...He's another one that has one every race a cowboy has challenged us too :)
Denny
This little guy turned 2 the end of July. He came from Montana and is all cow. I love his blood lines and his demeanor. Denny was a wedding gift. One of our first. I had shown interest in him and another horse and at one time was given the opportunity to buy both and a third. Well 5 horses sounds fun but then again my pocket book wouldn't have liked it at all. I had to decline and watched the other horses be sold. Then one spectacular day I found out that Denny was going to be one of my presents. He is awesome. We weren't sure what to call him, then one day Andrew came down to help feed the horses and he said "Hey, you have the horse from Man from Snowy River". We laughed and then thought that it totally fit..seeing as he's a gift and all. :) Chad and I are both training him, But I've decided he's more of Chad's horse. After all Chad is going to need a good solid horse when he starts roping again and this guy should be perfect. Who knows...maybe he'll want to try barrels too. :)
Well these are them so far. No worries to all you real baby lovers. We will have our own when the times right.






No comments:
Post a Comment