Tuesday, March 22, 2011


I am ashamed to say that I can be one very ungrateful fetch sometimes.  I am blessed with some very amazing friends and family members.  All have taught me so much and have blessed me in so many ways.
  I had 4 brothers growing up and I was quite content as "being one of the boys".  It seemed like we spent a lot of summers with grandma and grandpa Fairbanks.  I loved grandpa Fairbanks and worshiped the ground he walked on.  He took us hiking, gave us constant art lessons, took us on adventures, and helped me gain a great appreciation for this world and it's true and natural beauties. 
Then in the middle of my fun times, grandma Fairbanks would always pull me away.  It aggravated me that I had to leave to help with dinner, learn how to crochet, or embroider, play the piano, clean and other things that contributed to me being more of a lady then a little tom-boy.
I held it against her and was bitter for most of the time I grew up.  Then one day as I was crocheting one of my own blankets I realized everything this woman had done for me and how blessed I was to call her grandma.  She not only introduced me into a world of "domestic dulness" she taught me how to work and enjoy the labors of my own hands.  She had a strong testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and shared it with all of her family and friends.  She was and is an elect lady.
Now all of the things I hated (except for cooking) are things that I enjoy. 
Grandma passed away this year.  Gosh it was hard.  Especially when I would look at clouds.  She loved clouds.  Ir has been hard for so many people, but we will see her again and we will rejoice in our reunion. 
Chad was awesome through it all.  I am blessed to have such a good supportive husband and friend.  He's helped out in so many ways.   Thanks handsome!  He too comes from good people and I am greatful for them aswell.
I have many other friends and family members that I am so greatful for beccause they have blessed my life and taught me so many things..they have been there through thick and thin!  Thanks to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to this playlist: laurieandchad's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones