I've had a few people ask me how Chad proposed, so here it goes......
While Chad and I were dating, he lived down in Mesa and I was living in Holbrook. We usually only saw each other on the weekends but one week Chad told me he was going to come see me during the week and he wanted to take me out on his families ranch and ride horses. Hanging out with Chad was always fun and I'm always up for going riding so I took a day off from work, he came and picked me up early on a Thursday morning and we were off.
Well the weather had been pretty bad. It was super muddy and cold outside so instead of going riding we went for a cruise on the back part of the ranch. After a fun muddy ride Chad stopped the truck by some old corrals at the base of a little mountain range and said " We should hike that."
At first I thought he was kidding. In fact I was probably thinking something along the lines of you are nuts. We were both dressed pretty nice (even for riding) and both had on boots. Cowboy boots aren't especially comfy for hiking and it was just way too muddy out. The look on his face told me he was serious so I decided this could be a pretty good adventure and hopped out of the truck.
Our hike was not an easy one. We were slipping all over the place, the mud was pulling our boots off not to mention we were going straight up. There were a few times I almost fell and each time he caught me. If he got ahead of me or I him, we would wait for each other. On other hard parts he would grab my hand or my arm and help me along.
We got closer to the top and there were more rocks...I being sarcastic told Chad to look out for snakes. He only laughed. Finally we got to a rocky ledge and we were able to take a break. He pulled me aside and got even more serious. Then he said...."Laurie it will probably be hard, muddy, uphill , some days it may be rocky and there may even be snakes (and he smiled). But I know we can do this if we do it together." Then he got down on one knee and pulled my ring out of his shirt pocket.
The rest is history. We've been married 7 months now and as silly as it may sound, we just get stronger and become better friends every day.
Love your guts Chad!






Laurie got hitched with a cowboy!!!
ReplyDeleteAdorable :) You're cute! Yay for being a blogger...
ReplyDelete